Running a small business, an online marketer or a blogger working online? Marketing yourself, brand or products is indispensable. If you got no social media visibility then you’re getting it all wrong. Social media sites are the best way to let people know about your work.
The past few years we’ve witnessed the growth of various social media platforms that came into existence. You have to be pretty specific on what social media sites to use. One thing you should keep in mind is that every social media site has something to offer to an online marketer.
I bet you might be having a Facebook, twitter or LinkedIn account and each time you log into your account, you find advertising messages from various companies. Some will interest you while some won’t.
So, always keep in mind that building a relevant audience is key. Online marketers must take care of certain things for making an impact through their social networking channel.
To do list on social media sites:
Here are some basic tricks for online marketers wishing to make it count on social media sites:
- Create and organize a distinct brand name for your company or business. Most of the social media sites I have listed understand the importance of branding, and they offer tools like pages and communities to market your brand.
- Search for the audience which will be of help to increase your marketing efforts instead of merely adding people to your network.
- Manage your campaigns with attractive images and engaging contents. Do remember, social media is all about being social and connecting to your existing user base and finding new prospects.
- Seek feedback from your audience to keep improving.
Best social media sites for your brand
There are plenty of social media sites out here but word of advice only go for those that have proven their stand in the online marketing circle. here, I’ll suggest four platforms that have proven themselves.
This goes without saying that Facebook is #1 social platform worldwide. As of the first quarter of 2021 Facebook had 2850 number of active users(In millions).
With a considerable percentage of people above 40 years of age are also joining Facebook every day, brands allover have been inspired to create personalized campaigns targeted for their customers.
Low cost marketing strategy
Marketing activities that would cost thousands of dollars through other channels can be used on Facebook for a fraction of the cost.
Share basic information of your business
Facebook page is a place where you can publicize your business name, address and contact details, and briefly describe your products and services. You can also talk about your staff, history, or any other aspect of your business that is likely to attract other Facebook users and create interest in what you do.
Share both photos & videos from your business
Aside from allowing you to post text, Facebook lets you upload pictures and videos from your business. This can be a powerful way to communicate with customers and potential customers.
Communicate to potential & existing customers
You can use Facebook to ‘talk’ to existing and potential customers by posting and receiving messages.
Raise brand awareness and promote positive word-of-mouth
You can increase your business’s profile on Facebook by encouraging existing and potential customers to click the ‘Like’ button on your Facebook page.
Pinterest is the best social bookmarking service with over 454 million monthly users as of the second quarter of 2021.
This is a board-style image-pinning networking service, where you can list your business or company for online marketing.
- You can create a business profile on this network.
- Pinterest allows you to create a profile with a personalized username for your business.
Drive Traffic to Your Website
One of the greatest benefits of using Pinterest for your business is the ability to drive a massive amount of new traffic to your website.
Expand Your Reach
As mentioned, Pinterest brings in over 100 million monthly active users. That’s a HUGE audience to expand your content reach to.
Increase Brand Authority
Aside from pinning branded content, Pinterest allows you to show a more human side of your business.
This is a network of 336 million users. With the 140-character limit per tweet brings out the best of you in terms of creativity. On an average, Twitter receives 500 million tweets every day. Most celebrities, personalities, businesses, networks, and events are active on Twitter.
- Stay in the updates. Twitter connects you and your business with what’s happening in the world every day. Learn the latest, real-time trends and invest in social listening. It’s also a great way to get a read on your brand’s public reputation.
- Free business promotion. Build your brand awareness and grow your business by building a strong organic following. No money required.
- Reach new audiences. By expanding your message on Twitter, you can connect and engage with new fans, network with partners, and identify influencers.
- Start a conversation, or a movement. Conversations thrive on Twitter. Hear from your followers and get informal feedback by running polls and Tweeting questions. Bring awareness to a movement or point of view.
- Experiment with tone. Twitter is known for being bold, and that’s not just limited to our audience. Play with your brand voice and messaging to see if they can be more human and conversational.
With a network of 500 million users, LinkedIn is the most popular professional networking website. This networking service helps you create a professional profile and manage your connections on your own, within your professional capacity.
- You can create a group for your brand and promote it within your connections.
- It has an option to personalize your brand’s group in your way.
- Get new connection suggestions out of your existing connections and build your network within your professional networking preference.
- You can use the search feature to find new prospective clients for your business.
- LinkedIn will enable you to add related and useful connections to your professional networking.
Do you think I missed any important social media site for online marketing here? If yes, do share it with me in the comments section.