There are hundreds of digital marketing agencies out there but the only difference between them is that not all of them are able to earn are good income or be able to get themselves, clients.
In this article, we’ll mainly look at how to start a social media marketing agency in Kenya.
Here, we’ll ensure you learn how to be CERTAIN of a problem before going ahead to find a SOLUTION. You’ll also learn o the tools you’ll require to get started and also how you can be able to find the right set of clients as well as talent for your brand new venture.
Let’s get started…
Social media Marketing Agency in Kenya 5 Steps To Success
Step 1. Identify Opportunities And Challenges in the market
This is a step you should consider when venturing into social media marketing or any other business.
Is there a demand?
Let’s take a deeper dive at DEMAND for us to get a better understanding.
Are your targeted audience interested in the product/service?
Are they able to make a purchase?
Are they willing to pay for the product/service?
You can be able to get an answer to all this by conducting a survey on your own or through companies that specializes in surveys.
By conducting a survey, you’ll find answers to questions like:
- Who are your ideal customers?
- What are their pain points?
- Does your business idea solve their problems?
- How much are they willing to pay for your services?
I’d suggest doing a traditional one-to-one survey or using tools like SurveyMonkey to conduct online & scalable research. Alternatively, you can take help from expert companies who conduct large-scale surveys. MarketResearch.com is one such place where you can look for more than 250k research reports collected from hundreds of sources.
Step 2. Establish A Scalable Business Plan
Now that you are already 100% sure your business idea is a hit, it’s time to establish a transparent and scalable business model for your digital marketing agency.
Irrespective of whether you’ll be funding your business or looking for venture capital (VC), this is a must-go-through step.
Note: Always ensure that your business plan is open-ended in that there’s always room for continuous improvement.
Some Of The Crucial Questions Your Business Plan Must Address
- Who are your ideal clients?
- Where will you find them?
- What products or services will you offer?
- How will you make money?
- What expenses will you need to occur in the next eight quarters?
- How will you find initial funding?
- How will you promote your business?
- What are the possible glitches, and how do you manage to fix them?
Step 3. Build The Right Skill Set
You should build your knowledge as to what a social media marketing agency requires. You can take Udemy courses to understand the basics of social media marketing, SEO, blog writing, paid ads, and more.
Read extensively on how to develop your business, manage employees and clients, find and retain clients, and more.
Once you have a basic understanding of what teams you will need, start looking for the best of the talents fit for the roles. When you are just starting, reference can prove to be the best way to source talents.
Digital Marketing Company Structure
- A content team – your content writers, designers, copywriters, editors come under this department
- A growth team – Your SEO expert, PPC expert, growth lead, social media manager come under the growth team
- A business development team – your sales, customer service, and marketing members come under this department
- Admin and Account team – Your HR manager, receptionist, and accountant will be a part of this team
You can always start with one person in each department and then grow.
Step 4. Find Right Tools
Don’t expect to make it as an online marketing agency if you don’t have the right tools. You require tools primarily for: marketing needs & organization.
Must-Have Marketing Tools
- Social media automation – Zoho, SocialPilot, Buffer, CoSchedule
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Ahrefs, SocialSprout, SEMrush
- Graphic Design – Canva, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Prezi
- Video Marketing – InVideo, Adobe Premier
- CRM – Hubspot, SalesForce
- Email Marketing – MailChimp, MailTrack, AWeber
Must-Have Organization Tools
- Project management – Trello, Asana, Notion, TeamWork
- Communication – Slack, Zoom, Skype, Google Meet
- Cloud storage – G-suite, Dropbox
- Accounting – Tally, Quickbooks
Step 5. Build your Portfolio And Pitch To Potential Clients
Get your website in place, start your online presence to warm up your account, and add credibility before pitching your potential clients.
Moreover, ask your friends, colleagues, or existing clients to introduce you to ONE potential client. That’s all you need, really. Referrals are a great way to find clients as credibility is partially established when it comes from a known source.