Since the dawn of time, webmasters have been trying to rank better in Google and other search engines for their websites. It’s one of the most valuable things you can do for your business. I’ve used many different SEO plugins over the years, and at some point, I switched from Yoast SEO to RankMath. Here’s a little review of why I made the switch.
Last December, when I was working on a project for a client, I noticed that our SEO was a little bit off. We were using Yoast for WordPress to optimize our posts for search engines, but I wasn’t thrilled with the results.
Yoast has become the most popular SEO plugin for WordPress, but it doesn’t always do the best job at optimizing your content. It’s not the best tool for technical SEO or semantic optimization either. I tried out the Rankmath plugin and I was blown away by the results!
What is Rank Math SEO?
Rank Math is a WordPress plugin for SEO that helps a website to attain a good SEO ranking and standard. Rank Math helps to understand what is wrong with a particular keyword that you are trying to rank for in your web page content. Rank Math primarily focuses on On-page SEO.
Why I Ditched Yoast For RankMath
RankMath helps you to monitor SEO rankings of your website in Google, Bing, and Yahoo. The main features of this tool are:
– Track keyword positions in Google, Bing, and Yahoo! on a daily basis.
– Track your competitors’ positions in Google, Bing, and Yahoo! on a daily basis.
– Keep track of the key metrics that matter to you most, such as search volume, CPC, and competition.
– View all the keywords for which your website is ranked in Google, Bing, and Yahoo! in one convenient location.
If you are just starting out with WordPress and you want to know how to get a page to rank well in Google. You can do this by using RankMath SEO Plugin. This plugin will allow you to use your existing content to search for specific keywords and see where your page ranks.
Rank Math SEO Plugin Features
Rank Math creates the perfect foundation for increasing your search traffic.
- 1 Click Import from Yoast SEO plugin
- 1 Click Import from All in One SEO plugin
- Offers XML sitemaps
- Offers redirection of all sorts
- Offers rich snippets
- LSI keyword tool is integrated (which helps you find LSI keywords to better optimize your blog posts)
- Automated image SEO (which helps you automatically optimize your images that don’t have ALT tags already)
- Offers you rank tracking of your keywords
- Bulk Edit Titles & Descriptions
- Blog post preview on Google
- You can optimize up to 5 keywords
- Choose Pillar Posts & Pages (which helps you with better rankings)
- Offers you internal linking suggestions
- You can nofollow all external image links
- You can nofollow all external links (you can also open external links in new tabs)
- Gives you access to .htaccess Editor
- Gives you access to robots.txt Editor
- Offers you 404 monitor (to identify and fix your 404 pages in real time)
Benefits of Using RankMath
This plugin works very well. It can rank pages on google, yahoo, and more. I am using this plugin for a long time now.
I would recommend this plugin to anyone who is looking for a better ranking on the search engines.
RankMath search engine optimization software offers you a new way to find the best keywords for your business. It also gives you the ability to rank higher on search engines using those keywords, it can even get you ranked on Google results page 1 in less than 3 days.
This search engine promotion tool helps your website get ranked higher by analyzing and finding related long-tail keywords that would help increase traffic and conversions.
- Persform on-site SEO analysis on the go
- Optimize upto five keywords
- Track your keyword positions in search results
- No third party plugins required for rich snippets
- SEO automation of images
- Redirect manager
- 404 monitor helps quickly fix 404 errors pages
- Intergration of social networks
In comparison to Yoast, it’s:
- More intuitive
How To Migrate To Rank Math
You can effortlessly migrate to Rank Math in just a few clicks.
They have a comprehensive setup wizard that allows you to:
- Migrate from Yoast & other SEO plugins
- Quickly add essential site information
- Optimize all your previous posts
Rank Math Setup Wizard gets initiated automatically when you install Rank Math for the first time. If it doesn’t start on its own, you can always start it from WordPress Dashboard > Rank Math > Dashboard > Setup Wizard.
This is what the rankmath setup wizard will look like:
Is the Yoast plugin active on your site? No worries, you can safely deactivate it here, and we would import the data from the Yoast SEO to Rank Math SEO plugin in the next step of the Setup Wizard.
In the next window, click the Start Import button and wait until the process gets completed.
RankMath Vs Yoast
Yoast is the most popular SEO plugin at the moment, and it’s very easy to use. So why would anyone want to switch to RankMath?
RankMath is a powerful SEO plugin for WordPress that can be used for on-page SEO. It does the same thing as Yoast, but it has a lot of additional features. The most important difference between RankMath and Yoast is the fact that RankMath can do much more advanced on-site SEO, such as keyword research. RankMath vs Yoast: Which One is Better?
Rank Math vs. Yoast SEO – User Interface
Yoast SEO is highly focused on functionality as compared to the visual look. It is easy to work on UI, with neatly organized options under well-defined categories. But you cannot ignore the too simple and unappealing UI.
At the same time, Rank Math also offers a clean and well-organized UI but also has an aesthetically appealing look. Managing the features on the UI is very simple; you can easily turn them on and off as required.
Rank Math vs. Yoast SEO – Pricing
Rank Math’s top-level prices are lower than Yoast SEO (though that might change). Rank Math’s premium plan supports unlimited websites, while Yoast SEO doesn’t offer an unlimited license. Rank Math only has a single premium plan with all the features, while Yoast SEO has multiple premium extensions.
Rank Math vs. Yoast SEO – Search Console Integration
Search Console integration with Rank Math is easier than Yoast SEO. The Seach Console can be easily integrated during the setup process, by just inputting and verifying your Gmail account. Integration of the Search console is possible with Yoast SEO too, but it does not offer an interface for listing your search console records directly.
Conclusion: Do we Recommend RankMath?
It’s time to ditch the Yoast and start using RankMath. If you don’t have access to RankMath, you can go ahead and sign up for our community. You’ll be able to find a lot of useful information all in one place, including case studies from real businesses, tips on how to use these tools, and more. In fact, we have a bunch of awesome resources that I would love for you to get when you sign up!