There are many ways to make money online, but how many of them actually work? There is no harm in trying out different methods and testing them out. It’s even wiser when you use one method until you know that it works. In this article, are some of the verified sites where you can make money online in Kenya.
There are many sites where you can make money online in Kenya and some of them accept writers from all over the world. You just need to know where to look for and how to get started.
You can make money online in Kenya with verified sites like Upwork and Fiverr. These sites are very popular and fast-growing. The best part is that you can use these sites to make money even if you are working full time or studying in school. # Make Money Online in Kenya – Best Sites Making money online in Kenya is the new trend among people who have been struggling to make ends meet, but it has also given a chance for young entrepreneurs to pursue their dreams.
Below are the top 3 verified sites where you can make money online in Kenya:
Upwork is a freelance network providing companies with access to more than 5 million outsourcing candidates in over 180 countries. It is one of the biggest platforms for freelancers and people who need to hire freelancers.
The website itself is pretty simple and easy to navigate thanks to its clean, straightforward design. There are no complicated menus or unnecessary forms that you have to fill out; all you need to do is post a job, and then wait for the offers to roll in.
How to Get Started on Upwork as a Freelancer
1. Go to Upwork.com and click on “Sign Up”
Start on Upwork by clicking on the “Sign Up” button in the top right corner.
2. Sign up using your work email address, Apple or your Google Account
You have a few options for your free account
3. Add your personal information
Finish this first part of setting up your account by adding a few more details:
- Your first and last name
- A password for your account
- Your location
Indicate that you want to “Work as a freelancer,”
4. Start your Upwork profile by telling us about the work you do
Before you can start applying for job posts on Upwork, you need to complete at least 60% of your profile:
- A photo of yourself
- Your title
- Your overview
- Work history
- At least one skill tag
It is recommended to complete 100% of your profile!
5. Highlight your educational background
This section summarizes your formal education. If you choose to add entries here, all the details are optional except the institution.
6. Highlight your past work experience
Your past work experience can help build credibility with a potential client—particularly when you’re new to Upwork. It can emphasize not just your level of expertise but industries or subjects areas you may already be familiar with.
7. Add your language proficiency
Upwork operates in English and you’re required to indicate your English proficiency in your profile. But businesses on Upwork come from all over the world and often do business in other languages, so be sure to indicate any other languages you might speak.
8. Set your hourly rate
If the question about setting your rates sparks anxiety, keep these two things in mind:
- You can adjust your overall rate at any time
- You can customize your rate every time you submit a proposal
9. Indicate your title and overview
A great title and overview can make a difference to the responses you get from clients since they’re among the first things they will see.
10. Add profile photo
Businesses want to work with professionals they can trust with critical work.
11. Add your contact details
Here, they need a bit more detail to help verify your identity, including your address and phone number.
12. Preview your profile before submitting
You’re just about finished! Review your freelancer profile information one more time before submitting it.
13: Become a freelancer on Upwork
Now with your Upwork account set up, you’re ready to start working toward your first project.
If you’re a freelance writer or blogger, you know that finding a steady stream of work is the biggest challenge. The Freelancer platform is an online job board where freelancers can find work opportunities and clients can hire freelancers on a per-project basis. This is another way of making money online in Kenya
You have to first create a free profile on the site so that you can begin searching for jobs and clients. You can create as many profiles as you want, but only one is active at a time.
How to Earn Money at Freelancer.com
Step 1: Determine what you are good at, commit to a life of freelancing, and sign up for a Freelancer.com account.
Step 2: Set up your profile.
Step 3: Find projects and start bidding.
Step 4: Work.
Here is a full guide on: How to join and make money on Freelancer
Fiverr is the world’s largest marketplace for services starting at $5. It is a powerful tool for increasing social media followers and likes, and also a great place to find affordable help for just about anything.
Fiverr enables people with skills to offer their abilities and gain clients. If a person you know has skill but isn’t sure how to use it to serve clients, Fiverr is the perfect place for them to start making money online in Kenya.
Fiverr is one of the most underrated websites out there. You can get almost anything done for $5 on this site. Whenever you have small tasks to be done, look at Fiverr.
how to join fiverr as a freelancer
To create an account:
1. From Fiverr’s homepage, click Join.
2. Enter your email address and click Continue.
you can also choose to signup with Facebook, Google, or Apple account.
Choose your username!
– Once you’ve successfully created your account, your username can’t be changed.
– Your username is your display name (and is within your Fiverr URL), so think long and hard, and choose wisely!
Choose your password and click Join.
5. You are now registered on Fiverr! Please check your registered email address as you will receive an email to activate your account.
Note: The activation link in the email is only valid for 30 days.
6. Within the activation email you receive from Fiverr, click Activate Your Account.
With your account successfully created, you will be able to activate your seller account.
To activate your seller account:
1. Click on your profile picture and select Become a Seller from the dropdown menu.
2. On the page you are redirected to, click on Become a Seller again in order to start the onboarding process. This includes watching three videos on How to use Fiverr as a seller.
Once you’re done watching the videos, you will be directed to Fiverr’s tips on What makes a successful Fiverr profile and what to steer clear of as a seller. Then click Continue.
5. Complete the mandatory fields (as marked with an asterisk). Be sure to complete your onboarding using only truthful and accurate information regarding your training, working experience, and skills.
Remember: The more accurate and detailed the information you add is, the better your seller profile will be.
6. Next, you can choose to link your account to other social media channels.
5. At the end of the onboarding process, you are required to phone verify your account.
6. The final step is to Create Your First Gig to offer your services, as a seller on Fiverr! See tips and tricks to include when Creating a Gig.
There are many sites where you can make money online in Kenya, but it is not always easy. You need to decide which niche will work for you and then pick a site that has the potential to earn you some cash.
As you can see, there are many ways to make money online in Kenya. However, some of these methods are not sustainable so it’s important to know what works for you and your situation. You can leave a comment below telling us about your experience with making money online.